The price includes
We’re not the only ones who are excited about the total solar eclipse happening on 14 November 2012 in Port Douglas. Hotels are booking up fast and many resorts are sold out. Because we’re organising The Solar Eclipse Marathon, we were lucky to secure a number of rooms and villas at various hotels and resorts.
Hotel, excursions and meals
Apart from six nights at your chosen hotel or resort, the package provides three social events with food and beverages, and an all-day excursion to the Great Barrier Reef including lunch and snorkelling gear. On race day, we’ve got lunch and breakfast covered so all you need to do is conserve your energy and concentrate on the marathon!
Holiday package - All you have to do is enjoy the marathon!
Our aim is to customise an all-round holiday experience for you and your family or friends. We will take care of your transportation needs from each social event to your hotel and bring you back safely again. The package also includes airport transfers and six meals during your stay. You don’t have to bring cumbersome eye gear for viewing the eclipse, we’re handing out specially designed eclipse viewing glasses.
And don’t forget, we’ve got onsite representatives in Port Douglas who will do their utmost to assist you. Just pack your running shoes, sun block and bring your family and friends along for this incredible experience. See you at the start line.
The price includes the following:
- 6 nights in chosen accommodation
- Round trip transfer Cairns Airport - Port Douglas
- Excursion to the Great Barrier Reef (including lunch and snorkelling gear)
- Meet & Greet event at the Sheraton Mirage
- Pasta Dinner on 13 November 2012 (dinner and soft drinks are included)
- Celebration Dinner 15 November 2012 (dinner, wine and beer are included)
- Solar Eclipse viewing glasses
- Onsite representative
- Breakfast on 14 November 2012
- Light lunch on 14 November 2012
The price does not include the following:
- Meals except for the ones specified above and breakfast for Sheraton Mirage guests
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation Insurance (6% of the total price per person)
- Beverages other than the ones specified above
- Travel insurance
- Start number for The Solar Eclipse Marathon (AUD 310)
- Excursion to the Daintree Rainforest and Rainforest Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary (AUD 115)
- Any extra arrangements
- Anything not mentioned under “The price includes”
Read more about hotels and prices.
The Solar Eclipse Marathon - the experience of a lifetime
Don't miss out! Get the latest updates on this experience of a lifetime.